Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Graduating

SW Business
Beyond SW
Studying/Testing


Exit Test


You have to take ANOTHER exit exam to get out of there, besides the HESI. It's a little, teeny bit easier. Very basic math and reading comprehension skills. This is probably not officially mandated anywhere, but I took it the semester BEFORE I graduated and not in my last semester. Then I didn't have to worry about it in AH2. I got away with that and I know someone else who did, but I am not endorsing that in any way... just saying.

Here's how to schedule it...


I forgot a calculator and frantically went to the bookstore right before the exam and wasted $15. I don't think I needed the calculator. The test is only 40 minutes long, it's really, really not hard. Just make sure you sign up early, the slots fill up fast.

Graduation

You get to walk in the regular SW graduation aside from pinning. A number of my classmates did this. Hey, you earned it! Nursing students get to wear white ropes. Show your nursing pride!

You have to file an intent to graduate form. You are going to have to meet with your advisor to make sure that all your requirements have been met. Remember that faculty member giving advice to students in a previous post? It bears repeating here:

"One thing I wish students would do is get things done early. 
Just because a student waits until the last minute to get 
something done (ie. application for graduation and advising 
emails), doesn't mean it becomes an emergency for ME."


Don't wait- you don't want any nasty surprises.

Graduation Status

The excellent news is that your honors status is decided before your AH2 grade is in. Whether you are cum laude, magna or summa is dependent on your GPA up until then.


BTW, if your GPA is high enough, you will get about 25 letters asking you to join the honors society for two-year colleges. I threw them all away and didn't bother sending in the $36. Then I came to make my resume and thought, "Hey, that might have looked good on a resume..."


No comments:

Post a Comment