Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

How to Avoid Burnout




Stress


I found this on nursing bulletin board and it was so nicely said, I want to quote it:

"I'm tired of the physical effects school is having on me: increased anxiety and depression. I rarely smile much anymore.

I'm tired of seeing the same faces at school everyday.

I'm tired of exploding at my family members because I'm so stressed out.

I'm tired of inconsistency from lab instructors and last minute instruction right before an evaluation (thanks a lot!).

I'm tired of lame group projects that are only worth 5 pts, but take away precious time."

I am sure many of you can relate.




Some stress relief tips:


Here are some more tips:


1) I highly recommend taking the summer off between the first year and the second year. There was a temptation to do an internship, but for me it was more important to get some much needed time off. I still got a job, internship or not.

2) Remember the end-game: a wonderful, rewarding career with good pay and four days off a week.

3) Remember that what you are doing is extremely meaningful.

4) Cry. I'm serious.

5) Don't read stuff about nursing outside of school. No medical thrillers, no websites, no magazines.

6) Remember that you'll get hired pretty quickly. Our graduates get hired fast.

7) Eat healthy and exercise. Exercise is wonderful stress relief. Make time for it.

8) Practice holistic care on yourself just like you would do for a patient.

9) Don't stress over grades. No one cares about your grades when hiring you. They just care that you made it through.

10) Learn to say 'no' in your real life.

11) Use all resources at your disposal- friends, teachers, remediation, youtube

12) Don't expect to know it all. Mush of nursing is learned on the job in your specialty.

13) Remember you can do this. You got into nursing school. Someone believed that you could do it-remember that

14) Do not procrastinate.

15) Take time off EVERY DAY. Hey, I mean it.

16) One day at a time. Thinking about what has to be done two weeks from now adds extra stress.

17) Stop putting pressure on yourself to be perfect. You're going to make mistakes-it's ok.

18) Befriend your classmates. They are your number one source of support.

19) Vent about teacher and the school in your own private Facebook group. Make fun of them-it's very therapeutic.

20) Set realistic goals.

21) Have a schedule you stick to that includes downtime.

22) Stay organized.

23) Ask for help. Don't do it alone. There are teachers and study groups and friends out there.

24) Do not wait until the last minute to study.

25) Take frequent breaks when studying so you retain material better.

26) Dress like a nursing student. Who cares if your make-up is perfect?

27) Study in different ways. When you're sick of reading, watch a video.

28) Don't worry about your house. You can clean it after nursing school.


A little composition entitled "Mom has a test"


29) Recognize your stress triggers and minimize them.

I wrote a previous blog post on stress. If it is serious GET HELP.








2 comments:

  1. MY TESTIMONY ABOUT HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL CREAM ENLARGE MY PENIS FROM 4 INCHES TO 8 INCHES

    Hello everyone here i want to share a marvelous testimony oh how Dr Imoloa HERBAL MIXTURE CREAM saved me from shame and disgrace .So Many Women Today Cheat On Their Husband All Because Of The Poor Performance Of Their Husband In Bed,I Have Come To Know That Women Love Men Who Last Long In Bed And Also Has That Big Dick That Can Make Them Scream And Also Make Them Rich Their Climax,Women Truly Love Good Sex. I Have Been Passing True Sexual Problems For The Past Six Years Now All Because Of The Size Of My Penis And My Poor Performance In Bed I Caught My Wife With A Man On Our Matrimonial Bed I Was Heart Broken And Confused When I Asked Her Why She Did All What She Did She Told Me I Was Not Good In Bed That I Can Not Satisfy Her That She Needs A Man Who Can Satisfy Her That Was How She Broke Up With Me At That Moment. I Told My Self I Was Never Going To Have Any Thing To Do With Any Woman Again I Started Going To The Club Sleeping Around With Different Girls at a Point I Got Tired Of Living That Kind Of Life Because That Was Never Part Of Me I Was On Line Last Month When I Came Across so many testimonies On Dr imoloa, How He Made their Sex Life Come Back To Life And That He Had Giving Them The Real Size Of Penis A Man Suppose To Have I Got Interested And I Contacted Him At Once Luckily For Me He Was Online After About 30 Minutes He Replied Me And Then He Told Me Every Thing I Needed To Do After Every Thing He Sent Me A herbal cream Package True The DHL courier Service Which I Received The Next three Days And Then I Started Using Them As Instructed By Him After About 2 Weeks I Started Seeing My Penis Got to 8 inches And i Felt So Many Changes Inside Of Me And Today I Am Happily Married With 2 kids And Last Up more than 1 Hour On Bed and can go up to 10 rounds with my wife All Thanks To Dr imoloa For Making Me Feel Like A Man Once Again.note he also have cure for......
    PENIS ENLARGEMENT, BREAST ENLARGEMENT, DIABETES 1/2,HIV/AIDS,HERPES,CANCER,PREMATURE EJACULATION,WEAK ERECTION,ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION ,LOW SPERM COUNT PREGNANCY HERBAL MEDICINE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE LOW SPERM COUNT LYME DISEASE many more.. Contact Him At drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or whatssapp--+2347081986098

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am Richard, I am here to testify about a great herbalist  man who cured my wife of breast cancer. His name is Dr Imoloa. My wife went through this pain for 3 years, i almost spent all i had, until i saw some testimonies online on how Dr. Imoloa cure them from their diseases, immediately i contacted him through. then he told me the necessary things to do before he will send  the herbal medicine. Wish he did through DHL courier service, And he instructed us on how to apply or drink the medicine for good two weeks. and to greatest surprise before the upper third week my wife was relief from all the pains, Believe me, that was how my wife was cured from breast cancer by this great man. He also have powerful herbal medicine to cure diseases like: Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis. You can reach him Email Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatsapp +2347081986098

    ReplyDelete