Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Adult Health ONE ("Do not be afraid. Be very, very frightened, Arthur Dent.")

Adult Health 1
Study Guides




Not lying, this IS the scariest class. This one takes massive amount of effort. I studied for that final for 15 hours a day for a week. I was always hanging by a thread as to whether or not I would pass. Ms. C gave me a hug when I passed test #1 with a 78. I was flummoxed. It was a 78!! I understood when my friends were coming out saying they got 55 and 60. I failed test #2. The key to failing nursing school tests is not not fail them too badly. The final was easier and gave me a chance to catch up. The HESI REALLY counted in this class.

 There is a massive amount of information in this class. But, it IS doable. It takes dedication. This is the class that gets people. It is totally different from Foundations. I am a good student and I was stressed as can be in this class. In my section, only 6 people passed. WORK HARD! I'm not kidding. But on the other hand, this is all extremely important information for the NCLEX. I think this is where you learn your antibiotics well, for example. It's the basic med-surg stuff you are going to have to know forever. LEARN YOUR INSULINS. Things like pulmonary embolism will come back over and over again. Obviously it goes without saying that this is the basis for AH2.

The cancer module is a tough one. I generally just printed out the study guides that came with the videos instead of watching the videos themselves. You may learn better with the videos. It saved ME time.



ADULT HEATH 1 STUDY SHEETS


I found that the American Cancer Society's website was an excellent source of drug information. They have drug sheets on each drug:


And for diabetes, the American Diabetes Association



Videos










THIS is a:
Good Channel

Screen shots of some stuff she has available:










1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jan....good luck on Monday. I am taking the 10:10 to Newark...will be back Sunday night. So, no Yoga this Sunday....next time we'll make better plans...got 600,000 frequent flier miles...plus my sis works for US Air...you can visit Tovah...and meet Ali! Monday....will want to hear all about it! reney

    ReplyDelete