Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Life After SW

Beyond SW

 


Something really strange happened to me after I graduated. After wanting out for so very long, I found myself depressed that I was finally free. Seriously? But apparently it's not all that uncommon. Hard as it was, nursing school was 'safe' and a known quantity. Everything I had  known for two years was about to change drastically. I have a friend who was a nursing school professor and she told me it is not uncommon for students to sabotage themselves in their last semester consciously or unconsciously. The thought of not being with my fellow 'hostages' with whom I had shared ups and downs and hours and hours of time for two years made me a little melancholy.

In case this happens to you, here are some articles that explain this strange phenomenon:





(Did I mention that I want to be a psych nurse?)

So, what does someone who gets the graduation blues do?  Enroll right back into nursing school, of course. Shoot me.

Here's our Facebook Group for former SW students persuing further degrees:


If You are interested in an RN to BSN programs here are some available:



Here's a list of ALL the accredited nursing school in Tennessee:


No comments:

Post a Comment